How to Sign Up For a BT Account
– Launch the browser on your device. You can use Opera mini, Google chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari or any other that you are comfortable with.
– On the web address bar, type www.bt.com and press enter
– You will be directed to the BT website. Click on Sign In
– On the Sign In page, click on ‘Sign Up’ which is located at the top of the page
– You will be required to fill in details in a few steps. The first step is entering your email address. After entering your email address, you will be required to repeat it again just to ensure you have entered the correct address. Click on ‘Continue’.
– On the next page, you will enter the required details including your title, first name, last name, a password for your account (you will enter it twice for confirmation purposes), date of birth and account number.
You will also need to choose a security question and give the answer so that it can be easy to recover your account if you forget your password or there is any suspicious activity detected. Make sure your password is easy to remember since it is part of the BT login details that you will enter whenever you want to access your account.
– After filling in these details, you will choose from 4 options given below the page that will relate to your BT profile. When you are done, click on ‘Continue’.
– You will be directed to the 3rd and final step of the sign in process. Once you are done, you will have a BT account that you can start using.
How to Log In to BT.com
– Launch your web browser
– Type BT.com on the web address bar and press enter
– On the website, click on ‘Log In’
– Enter your BT login details which include your BT ID (the email address you used to sign up) and your password.
– After entering your details, click on ‘Log in to My BT’ and you will be logged in to your account.
What To Do When You Forget Your Password
– Go to the BT.com website
– Click on ‘Sign In’
– On the sign in page, click on ‘Forgotten password?’
– On the page you are directed to, you will have to enter one of your BT login details which is your BT ID (your email address).
– Click on ‘Continue’.
– You will then be guided on how to recover your password.
How to Delete Your BT Account
If you want to delete your account, you need to email the customer service of BT.com and tell them to delete your account. To do this, follow the steps below.
– Go to BT.com on your web browser
– Once you are directed to the website, click on ‘Help’ which is at the top of the page.
– Then click on ‘Contact us’ which is located below the page
– Choose what the subject is about. In this case, you will click on ‘Your bill or account’. You can then choose from the options available and then select the one applicable to you
– Alternatively, you can call them and tell them to close your account. You can obtain their contact information from the website.